Jalapeno Jelly Recipe
- 12 oz jalapeño peppers (about 12 med)
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 3oz pouches Real Fruit Liquid Pectin
- Green food coloring, optional
- 5 8oz half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Puree peppers in food processor or blender with 1 cup cider vinegar until smooth. Do not strain puree.
- Combine puree with remaining 1 cup cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add RealFruit Liquid Pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouches. Continue to boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using, and skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jalapeno jelly into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Recipes Using Jalepeno Peppers: